Fire Safety Inspector Instructor
- Submit a completed “Fire Instructor, Assistant Fire Instructor and/or Fire Safety Inspector Instructor Renewal Application” on or before the expiration date of the current certificate;
- Possess a current and valid fire safety inspector certificate that is in good standing;
- Complies with the requirements for a firefighter certificate as set forth in paragraphs (A)(5) to (A)(6) of rule 4765-20-03 of the Ohio Administrative Code;
- During the preceding certification cycle has provided the required hours of instruction related to fire safety inspector training as approved by the applicant’s fire chief or the program director of an Ohio chartered fire training program.
- Complete continuing education requirements, based on the length of certification cycle or successfully pass an instructional methods examination as set forth in rule 4765-20-06 of the Ohio Administrative Code.
Ohio Administrative Code: 4765-21-04
Renew an EMS or Fire Certificate
User Guide: Renewing a Certificate